Institute of Social Sciences and Humanities – Skopje announces
for the academic year 2020-2021
for the enrollment of postgraduate students in the following areas:
-Policy studies, duration of one year and two years (3 vacancies remaining)
-Gender studies, duration of one year (5 vacancies remaining)
SECOND AND FINAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD
(21 August 2020 – 30 September 2020)
Terms of enrollment:
– For one year study program: 4 year undergraduate degree (or 240 ECTS credits) in the field of social sciences and humanities. High success is not a requirement, although it is an advantage.
-For two-year study program: 3 year undergraduate degree (or 180 ECTS credits) in the field of social sciences and humanities. High success is not a requirement, although it is an advantage.
Most of the teaching material is available in English, so students are expected to be fluent in this foreign language.
– The completed application for enrollment, which can be downloaded from the website of the Institute: www.isshs.edu.mk (under the section “Study programs” which is in the menu of the English version of the website) or from the link below.
– Diploma or certificate for the completed studies of the first cycle (4 years or 240 ECTS credits for one year studies / 3 years or 180 ECTS for two year studies) in the field of social sciences and humanities. If the candidate has not yet graduated, she/he can submit a document for the exams taken so far, and the diploma (certificate) will be later submitted before officially signing the agreement. A notarized copy of the diploma/certificate of graduation must be submitted in hard copy, before signing the agreement.
– Personal biography (CV)
The second enrollment period is until 30 September 2020. The application with supporting documents can be submitted by mail to the address of the Institute (str. “October 20” no. 8-2, 1000 Skopje) or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The official website of the Institute is: www.isshs.edu.mk
Costs of study:
– For one-year study programs, the tuition is 550 EUR, paid in MKD. This amount includes all tuition fees as well as study materials. The defense of the master’s thesis is paid separately and costs 250 EUR in MKD.
– For two-year study programs, the tuition is 800 EUR, paid in MKD . This amount includes all tuition fees as well as study materials. The defense of the master’s thesis is paid separately and costs 250 EUR in MKD.
Please note that the Institute allows for paying according to an installment plan.
The Institute holds the Erasmus+ Charter of Higher Education Institutions in Europe awarded by the European Commission. Its Erasmus+ intra-European mobility scheme allows the students to spend at least a semester a year at another European institution. The credits acquired at the receiving institution will be recognized through the mechanism of the European Credit Transfer System in which ISSHS participates (just as the other accredited institutions in the country). Erasmus plus program countries are all EU member countries plus North Macedonia, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Serbia. Please, check the list of local and international visiting professors that offer courses and can be thesis supervisors in English on this link.
Contact persons: Risto Aleksovski and Prof. Viktorija Borovska (Coordinator of Graduate Programs), available at: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and on phone/fax: +389 2 31 13 059 / +389 70 894 174
Note: Due to the new situation with Covid-19, the Institute announces that depending on the situation and the recommendations of the Ministry of Education and Science, it is possible that the teaching will take place online.