Institute of Social Sciences and Humanities – Skopje announces
for the academic year 2021-2022
for the enrollment of postgraduate students in the following areas:
-Policy studies, one year and two years
-Gender studies, one year
SECOND AND FINAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD
(03 August 2021 – 30 September 2021)
Terms of enrollment:
– for a one year study program: 4 year undergraduate degree (or 240 ECTS credits) in the field of social sciences and humanities. High success is not a requirement, although it is an advantage.
– for a two-year study program: 3 year undergraduate degree (or 180 ECTS credits) in the field of social sciences and humanities. High success is not a requirement, although it is an advantage.
Most of the teaching material is available in English, so students are expected to be fluent in this foreign language.
Number of vacancies: 20
–The completed application for enrollment, which can be downloaded from the official website of the Institute: www.isshs.edu.mk (under the section “Study programs” which is in the menu of the English version of the website) or from the link below.
– Diploma or certificate for the completed studies of the first cycle (4 years or 240 ECTS credits for one year studies/3 years or 180 ECTS credits for two-year studies) in the field of social sciences and humanities. If the candidate has not yet graduated, she/he can submit a document for the exams taken so far, and the diploma (certificate) will be later submitted before officially signing the agreement. A notarized copy of the diploma/certificate of graduation must be submitted in hard copy before signing the agreement.
– Personal biography (CV).
Second and final enrollment period is until 30 September 2021. The application with supporting documents can be submitted by mail to the address of the Institute (str. “20 Oktomvri” no.8-2, 1000 Skopje) or by e-mail on: email@example.com. The official website of the Institute can be found at the following address: www.isshs.edu.mk
Costs of study:
– For one-year study programs, the tuition is 800 EUR, paid in MKD. This amount includes all tuition fees as well as study materials. The defense of the master’s thesis is paid separately and costs 250 EUR in MKD.
– For two-year study programs, the tuition is 1200 EUR, paid in MKD. This amount includes all tuition fees as well as study materials. The defense of the master’s thesis is paid separately and costs 250 EUR in MKD.
Please note that the Institute allows for payment according to an installment plan.
The Institute holds the Erasmus+ Charter of Higher Education in Europe 2021-2027. The rating for the charter can be found here underlining the Institute’s commitment to the international academic dimension and its solid understanding of the goals and values of the Erasmus program. Through the Erasmus + scheme for mobility of students and teaching staff between higher education institutions from the program countries (EU member states and North Macedonia, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Serbia), we provide direct access to European higher education institutions through the “European Credit Transfer System” according to which the Institute operates (just as the other accredited institutions in the country). Thus, with a good part of the credits obtained in other higher education institutions in Europe and a certain number acquired in the domestic institution, you can defend your master’s thesis at the Institute. The Institute currently has student and professor exchange agreements with several universities from these countries, such as: Central European University (CEU, Vienna), Giessen University (from Germany), Utrecht University (from the Netherlands), University of Macedonia (from Greece), Plovdiv University (from Bulgaria), Faculty of Media and Communication, Belgrade (from Serbia) and Pantheon University from Athens (Greece). Interested students enrolled at the Institute will have the opportunity to spend part of their education at one of these universities. The institute has a library of over 1000 books and more than 1000 titles of certified electronic books and professional journals. Numerous international visiting professors can also serve as your mentors. You can check the list of international and domestic professors, and full time or visiting professors on this link.
Contact persons: Risto Aleksovski and Prof. Viktorija Borovska (Coordinator of Graduate Programs), available at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and on phone/fax: +389 2 31 13 059 / +389 70 894 174
Note: Due to the situation with Covid-19, the Institute announces that depending on the situation and the recommendations of the Ministry of Education and Science, it is possible that the teaching will take place online.